We love our clients’ missions and invest in our talented team so they grow and achieve their goals. Interested in working with us? We are looking for strategic, intelligent Public Relations and Advocacy Interns who are passionate about social change and want to influence the world.
A typical day with The TASC Group may include writing op-eds for placement in national flagship publications to rehabilitate a thought leader’s reputation, developing the media outreach strategy to build brand equity for a global nonprofit or working closely with a top-tier enterprise reporter as they build out a longform feature profile of your client. We are at the juncture of communications, non-profit advocacy and progressive politics and are seeking interns who want to learn and grow with our firm.
- Daily sweep for client- and industry-related news items
- Media research
- Creation and development of media target lists
- Tracking of client hits
- Proofreading of internal and external documents
- Collaboration in drafting and developing press releases and media advisories
- Assisting team to manage red carpets (when applicable)
- Basic administrative duties, including answering phones, monitoring email, etc.
BASIC CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed at least 32 credits
- Maintains a 3.5 GPA or above
- Communications/Journalism/Public Relations/Social Justice/Political Science Major/Minor preferable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office systems
- Social media expertise a plus
- Knowledge/experience in website building with WordPress a plus